Multi-disciplinary Lavrentiev Lyceum #130 founded by Academician Michael A. Lavrentyev is an educational establishment that has a wide reputation for its achievements, history and tradition. The Lyceum is located in the most scenic forested suburb of Novosibirsk and is one of the most renowned educational institutions in Novosibirsk.
- School #130 was founded in 1959 by Academician Michael A. Lavrentiev.
- In 1962, School # 130 was renamed into Comprehensive Secondary School
- # 130 with an Extensive Course of English.
- In 1968, the first class specializing in physics and mathematics was opened.
- In 2002, the school was granted the status of a multi-disciplinary lyceum. Today, we have classes specializing in chemistry, biology, mathematics, social science and engineering.
- In 1971, first computers were donated to school.
- In 1997, Internet connection broadened teaching and learning possibilities.
- In February 2012, NetSchool project was launched, and Lyceum unified information space based on NetSchool information system was built.
- Since February 2012, Electronic Journal based on the information system NetSchool can be found online (http://net.sch130.ru/).
With more than 1000 students, Lyceum № 130 includes 90 well educated and highly skilled staff members many of whom have been recognized with various professional awards including The Best Teacher of an Educational Establishment Award received by three teachers from our school. Many parents are graduates of Lyceum #130.
The Lyceum leadership potential is realized through the successful participation in the contests at the regional and country levels:
- In 2005, the Lyceum took first place at the regional level of the All-Russian contest The Best Schools of Russia 2005.
- In 2005, the Lyceum became a winner in the contest of the educational institutions applying innovative educational programs.
- In 2007, the Lyceum was recognized as a laureate of the All-Russian contest The Best Schools of Russia 2007.
- In 2015, the Lyceum was included in the top 500 Best Schools of Russia, in the top 200 Best Schools providing gifted students development, in the top 100 Best Multi-disciplinary Schools.
- The Lyceum is proud of its students many of whom are the winners of Russian and international Olympiads in various subjects. Every year, the Lyceum graduates go to the best post-secondary institutions.
The directions of collaboration are
- the exchange of experience between teachers and students in the field of education
- the exchange of experience in the field of developing creative and cultural potential of the youth through theatre, sports and national holidays
The main goal of the Lyceum is to create modern conditions for student development and to provide students with universal classic education based on advanced programs, thus providing our graduates for their further education in any top national and international universities. A wide range of optional courses is offered for those who are eager to explore their interests outside the core program.
Moral and cultural education is also an important part of our students' education. The most popular traditional school festival takes place every two years and goes back to the early 1960's. Every September the school yard is packed with children and adults dressed in school colours to demonstrate school spirit as school birthday is being celebrated. Students also take part in various charity projects. In addition to academic pursuits, extracurricular activities such as theatre, drama, sports, arts, handicrafts and others make up a valuable part of the overall school experience.
An essential role in running and governing the school plays the School Council, including representatives from teachers, parents and students.
Lyceum №130 has its own flag, coat of arms and anthem. The motto "Take pride and hold it sacred: you are from one hundred thirty!" is repeated by students with true dignity. The Principal of Lavrentyev Lyceum #130 is Sergei V. Sopochkin